– World’s Best Gin & Tonic, again. It’s absolutely incredible to be honoured for the third time with the Gin & Tonic Trophy by International Wine & Spirits Competition (IWSC). It’s a monumental victory and really hard to grasp that it’s happening, says Jon Hillgren, Founder of Hernö Gin.
World’s Best Gin & Tonic for the third time.
Hernö Gin is awarded World’s Best Gin & Tonic for the third time by IWSC and is unshakable on top of the gin world as World’s Best Gin for a Gin & Tonic. No other gin producer has been awarded with the Gin & Tonic Trophy more than once.
– I’ll try to to find the words to explain. The statistics is crystal clear: IWSC is the most prestigious competition in the industry. THE competition. Since the start 2015, no other distillery has ever been awarded World’s Best Gin & Tonic Trophy more than once. Today Hernö Gin is awarded for the third time, Johan Wester, Head Distiller and Head of Competitions at Hernö Gin, explains.
Everything started with passion and a dream, evolving into World’s Best Gin.
The dream to create a world class gin has been there since the very beginning, but to experience Hernö Gin being honoured with the most prestigious awards again and again was not something that Jon Hillgren could imagine when he founded the company 2011.
– I wanted to create a gin that I really liked, according to my own preferences. A gin with a profile that I thought that I was missing on the market at the time. Apparently judges and spirits experts all over the world like what I have accomplished, Jon laughs.
Hernö Dry Gin is a floral and citrus forward Dry Gin with distinctive juniper character. It’s perfect for a Gin & Tonic, without doubt.
Celebrating three good things this week.
– We are celebrating Hernö Gin’s birthday and The Swedish Gin & Tonic Day on Thursday, April 20. Of course with a Hernö Gin & Tonic, says Johan.
– And today we will celebrate World’s Best Gin & Tonic with our team at the distillery in Dala. I’m unfortenately not allowed to tell you how, restricted by Swedish laws and rules limiting marketing of alcoholic beverages, Jon says with a huge smile.
The Hernö Gin World’s Best Gin & Tonic suite:
2016 Hernö Dry Gin, Fever Tree Indian Tonic.
2020 Hernö Old Tom Gin, Double Dutch Indian Tonic.
2023 Hernö Dry Gin, Franklin & Sons Indian Tonic.
Hernö Gin is the world’s leading and most awarded craft gin producer. Proud pioneers who started the first gin distillery in Sweden back in 2011. It all began with a passion for the juniper predominant spirit and a dream evolving to gin crafting. A journey that took Hernö Gin’s founder Jon Hillgren to places and gin distilleries all around the world in his thirst for knowledge and search for inspiration. Finally settling in the small village of Dala just outside Härnösand in the High Coast of Sweden. Hernö Gin is crafting the world’s most awarded gins from natural organic botanicals in the hand hammered copper stills Kierstin, Marit and Yvonne. With a mindset of crafting, transparency in all parts of the process and total focus on quality, Hernö Gin intend to bring premium gin culture to every home.